10/25/08


"I tend to keep my PC side of my MacBookPro as one image, and rotate my Mac backgrounds. This is my PC. What the image is: I took this picture standing inside a cone of light in an art installation at SFMoMA in september 2007 - the installation was a projector in a darkened room projecting very crisp lines or volumes onto the opposite wall. I like this image for a few reasons: 1) I was working as a lighting designer when I took the photo and therefore relate vicrerally to light installations 2) the security guard nearly confiscated my camera and kicked me out soon after shooting, and 3) dark images on computer screens use less energy (an argument that would actually hold water if I wasn't always using the screen for something else with non-black backgrounds...). As for the stuff on the desktop - I am currently a graduate student in Architecture - therefore the multitude of graphics programs." DW, Ann Arbor, MI, USA